Friday, January 2, 2009

Out with the old, in with the new.

For Christmas this year, like last year, we received money from Bill's parents. Rather than pulling our money together to buy something for the house we decided to split the money and spend it however we wanted. Bill bought a new computer which we really needed after our old one got fried during a power outage. I decided to give some of my money to charity and then shop with the rest. I had lots of fun at Old Navy, The Gap and the Outlet Mall. Needless to say once I got home I wasn't quite sure where I would put all my new purchases. My closet was a disaster cluttered with clothes that hadn't been worn in years or clothes that are now out of style. So, last night I tackled my closet. For 2 hours I reorganized and filled several bags full of clothes to give to Goodwill. Today when I went to drop off my stuff at Goodwill I was shocked to see that there was a long line at the drop off center. Apparently everyone else cleaned out their closets too. Goodwill must go through this every year b/c there were 20 people outside organizing donations. They were definitely prepared. It was crazy! The volunteers kept running in front of my car and I was afraid I would hit one. It took about 10 minutes to drop off my stuff but I am happy to finally be organize, at least in my closet. Now I can go use all of my gift cards and finish restocking my nice, clean, organized closet!

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.