Friday, January 2, 2009
Another exciting New Year's!
Gone are the days when we would spend New Year's Eve with friends at a bar or party. Gone are the New Year Day mornings of waking up feeling terrible from too much alcohol. Gone are the New Years Days where we could just lay on the couch and watch movies all day b/c there was no where to go and nothing better to do. Am I sad that those days are no longer part of my life? No, not especially. As they say, been there done that. Although I will say the idea of spending all day on the couch watching movies sounds great to me but is not a reality anymore. No, this year our New Year's Eve wasn't exciting like New Years Eve's of old. It was spent going to an early dinner at the Olive Garden where I had my one and only drink of the evening. It was then spent by watching Jungle Book with Sam and then after he went to bed watching Tropic Thunder with Bill. We were in bed before midnight however, Claire started crying as soon as my head hit the pillow. I spent the stroke of midnight kissing Claire and welcoming in the New Year. Once she finally fell back to sleep at 1:30 (and Sam was tucked happily into his little bed in our room) I staggered to bed not from alcohol consumption but from exhaustion. When I woke up on New Year's Day I felt like I had partied all night long. Funny how kids change everything, but for the better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment