Friday, January 2, 2009
Going Fishin
My dad loves to fish so whenever he is visiting or we visit them he takes Sam fishing. Last Sunday my dad went to the pond by our house to fish and Sam, Claire, my mom and I all joined him. Sam used his Cars fishing pole although he lost interest quickly and went to run around with Mimi and Claire. Claire thought the whole thing was fun and kept pointing at the water saying "Look, fish!" Claire saw a pug dog for the first time and exclaimed "sheep!" Not quite, but we understood her thinking since sheep are white with black faces. While my dad was busy putting bait on his fishing pole I saw Sam's pole move. I grabbed it from the ground and started to pull and pull and pull. My dad finally had to step in and when we eventually got the fish in we saw that it was an 18 inch catfish! How Sam's little kid fishing pole didn't break I do not know. The kids were so excited and ready for another catch. Fortunately we didn't have to wait long. I caught a small fish and within a minute my dad caught another small fish. That was a great way to end our fun fishing excursion so off we went leaving my dad to some much needed peace and quiet after the chaos of fishing with a 3 year old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment