Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bill's Bouncy Idea

We have a bounce house that the kids use in our backyard. It's not overly big so only 4 or 5 smaller children can go in it at a time. Yesterday turned out to be a pretty nice day, sunny and in the lower 60's, so Bill decided to take the kids outside to play in the bounce house. However, for some reason he decided he wanted to put the bounce house in the front yard. I thought he was nuts but let him do what he was going to do. I warned him that all of the neighborhood kids were coming home from school and he could have mass chaos on his hands but he didn't seem too concerned. So I did what every sensible mother would do and I went for a run and let him deal with it! When I came home I was expecting to see dozens of children in my front yard but found only one neighbor and her kids. Shortly after that our next door neighbor came over too but for the most part it was very calm and Sam had a great time playing with some of the neighborhood boys. Claire on the other hand couldn't be bothered with the bounce house and was much more interested in playing in the mulch. What a mess! So, it turned out that Bill's bouncy idea was a good one and I imagine he will try it again sometime soon, much to the neighborhood kids excitement.

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.