Saturday, January 31, 2009
Icy Days
On Tuesday and Wednesday this week we experienced ice in North Texas. Tuesday morning I really thought I would wake up to icy roads and that school would be cancelled but the ice hadn't hit McKinney yet so I rushed to get everyone up and out the door on time. It was still only rainy and cold when I picked Sam up from school at noon however, the McKinney schools closed at 12:30 in preparation for the ice that was supposed to come. Bill came home around 2:00 and we still hadn't dropped below the freezing mark so no ice yet. Then around 7 or 8 that night the ice finally came. By Wednesday morning our street was a sheet of ice. Bill worked from home that morning and Sam's doctor appointment in Plano was cancelled. By noon the roads had started to clear and Bill went to work. By the afternoon the kids and I were out runnning errands. We've discovered the big difference between cold weather in CO and cold weather in TX is ice. In CO you don't really see ice storms, just snow. In TX you rarely see snow but ice storms can occur several times during the winter. This was our second ice storm in about 6 weeks. I would much rather have the snow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment