Thursday, July 9, 2009

Swim Lessons Day 3

Yes, I missed posting an update after Sam's swim lessons on the second day b/c I figure no one really wants a day by day update of swim lessons, right?

I'll give a quick recap of lesson 2...Sam cried b/c he wanted me and the teacher told him to stop crying, that he was crying over nothing and she turned him so he couldn't look at me. She almost had me go inside but he stopped crying and since I wasn't paying that much attention to him she let me stay outside. It may sound like his teacher is cruel but she is a good combination of firm and nurturing. Last year whenever Sam cried he got held and cuddled and that obviously didn't work so I think this approach is better.

Okay, so lesson 3 didn't start off well. Sam hasn't been wanting to go back to swim lessons for fear of having to go under water. Eventhough he went underwater with me at the pool yesterday he is still fearful. He started crying the second lessons started and kept saying he wanted me so Ms. Duanna made me go in the house. Within about 2 minutes of me being gone Sam stopped crying and Taylor started so Tammy ended up inside with me. We were able to get a great view out the window and the boys couldn't see us. Once I was gone Sam did great. He got his head and face wet and even laid on his back. Taylor had a little rougher time but hopefully tomorrow will be better for him. Ms. Duanna is working with them to get over their fears so that they will want to swim. Sam and Ms. Duanna have a "no crying" agreement for tomorrow or else I have to leave again. Sam seemed fine with this at 10:30 this morning but who knows what will happend when his lesson starts tomorrow.

After lessons we went to feed Ms. Duanna's horses. The kids think this is so great and look forward to it everyday.

Hopefully my next report on swim lessons won't entail crying but I wouldn't hold your breath!

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.