Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Alone at last!
Today we didn't have swim lessons so my wonderful friend Tammy volunteered to have the kids over to her house for a couple of hours to play so that I could run errands for our trip next week. I actually started to get excited yesterday about the prospect of just being alone for a couple of hours. I had my list of all of the places I needed to go and all the things I needed to buy. I started out dropping off movies at Blockbuster and loved not having to hear "mommy, can I help you put the movies in the box?" Then I ran into Walgreens for about a minute and it was fabulous not to have to unbuckle two kids from carseats for what turned out to be a pointless trip into Walgreens. I actually got to spend 20 minutes in Payless looking at shoes for myself without running through the aisles putting back all of the shoes that the kids had pulled from the boxes. My trip to Big Lots was for the sole purpose of getting inexpensive toys/books for the kids for the airplane ride to Norfolk next week so there was no way I could have taken them with me. My trip to Target held the same purpose...toys and snacks for the airplane, so again, it would have been impossible for me to take the kids with me. I ended my outing with a visit to my favorite sub shop, Jimmy Johns, where I treated myself to lunch. Then it was off to hide all of my purchases in my closet so that the kids don't find them before the plane ride. When I picked the kids up at Tammy's they were happily eating lunch, which I was thrilled to not have had to prepare for a change. Thank God for friends who are willing to give you a break. It was so needed and appreciated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment