Friday, July 3, 2009
Potty Training Part 3
Well, we are onto day 2 of our official potty training. Yesterday was a huge success. Claire didn't have any accidents which was a shock to me. This morning didn't start out quite as well. Bill got up with the kids and he said that Claire was too tired to go potty when she woke up so he left her diaper on her. That was fine and when I took her to go potty she went without any problems. I put her in underwear and when I went to sit down to eat my breakfast she came up to me without any shorts or underwear on and showed me poo poo on her fingers. I took her wrist and led her to the bathroom to find that her underwear was full of poop and that she had tried to sit on the potty which only spread the poop all over the place. But, at least she is understanding that poo poo is for the potty and is making the attempt to sit and go on the potty. Unfortunately it's just coming out more quickly than she can plan for. It was a big mess to clean up but she was great about it and was ready to put on more underwear. We only have three pairs right now, 2 are dirty and one is being worn so I guess I need to do some laundry. Then I need to head to Wal-Mart and buy some more. Hopefully she is done pooping for the day and we only need to deal with pee pee. Since she has pooped the past few mornings I will be taking her to the potty first thing tomorrow morning to get her to go if possible. Overall, I'm still amazed at her progress and hopefully today will be a successful day like yesterday was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment