We are now on 5 of potty training and while we've had our share of accidents things are going pretty well. Pooping is the hardest part b/c it seems to sneak up on her and she can't get to the potty fast enough. Yesterday she pooped during quiet time in her diaper and I heard her crying so went to check on her only to find that she had started to take her diaper off and some of the poop had fallen on her pillow. When I walked in she said "my pillow is muddy." She seems to confuse poop and mud. I told her it was poop and after that she kept talking about poop on her pillow. Then she said "I go poo poo in the potty" and I could tell that it bothered her that she had pooped in her diaper. I felt bad for her but happy that she is making the connection.
Yesterday at church we had her in underwear, as usual, and she went potty for her Sunday School teacher twice during the hour service yesterday which was good. The problem comes when we need to leave to go somewhere and she won't go potty. We will be heading to swim lessons today, outdoors, and I think I may put the little potty in the back of the car just incase she needs to go.
It's a work in progress but at least I'll have one less child in diapers by the time the baby comes!
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment