Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 3rd and 4th

I broke my vow by not writing yesterday. I really don't have much time to write now but know if I don't do it before the day really starts that I likely will forget. Friday was a busy day with a birthday pool party in the morning for Milana Cable and then dinner and a movie at night. Sam napped on Friday so we decided to take him to see Ice Age 3 while Claire went to grandma and grandpa's. Before the movie we went to Outback for dinner. Claire fell asleep in the car b/c she hadn't napped and was exhausted. She wouldn't go potty before we left so I took her several times at Outback and she did actually go twice. I don't think she had any accidents that day except for her poo poo in the morning.

Ice Age was really good, better than the first two, and Sam loved it. He went to bed at 10:30 and fell right to sleep.

Yesterday morning Claire woke up at 5:30 and didn't go back to sleep so Bill got up with her at 6:20. I slept until after 8 and then Bill went back to bed. Both kids took fabulous naps, over 2 hours. We told Sam that he needed to sleep to see the fireworks. We had Bill and Shirley over for a bbq dinner and then the 4 of us (not Bill and Shirley) went to the Red, White and Boom festival in McKinney where we saw a hot air balloon on the ground and Sam got to go in several bounce houses. We left there by 9 to go and watch fireworks at Gabe Nesbitt park in order to avoid all the traffic. Bill and Shirley met us there. Claire kept saying "it's dark." She's never up that late so it was different for her. She loved the fireworks and all of the colors and got bored sitting on our laps so started to do her own little dances in front of us. She and Sam would jump when the fireworks came which they thought was funny. We got them to bed shortly after 10:30 and I had to sit by Sam's door to get him to sleep but he eventually fell asleep and they both slept well.

Well, I need to go get ready for church since I'm teaching the baby class and need to leave in about 20 minutes. More later.

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.