Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Accomplishments of the Day

Besides keeping two kids safe, fed and bathed; besides doing laundry and other household tasks; besides grocery shopping and feeding the animals there were some other accomplishments today. Accomplishment #1 was Sam's and came at the pool this morning. He is fearful of putting his face in the water and has already told me he doesn't want to go back to swim lessons for that very reason. So, today I went underwater to show him it wasn't a big deal. He was really excited to see me do it and asked me to do it several times. Eventually he told me he wanted to go under water which is a really big deal for him. He went under water a couple of times today and I acted like it was the coolest thing he had ever done. He still doesn't want to go to swim lessons tomorrow but I'm trying to remind him that he has already gone under water and was just fine. Regardless, it was still a big accomplishment for him.

Accomplishment #2 was Claire's. She went potty after her quiet time today, like she has been doing for almost a week now, so 45 minutes later when she told me she had to go pee pee I was a little surprised. She doesn't drink as much as Sam does so doesn't seem to go potty very frequently. Anyway, I helped her get on the potty and a minute later when she got up I saw that she had poo pooed! I was so impressed that after a week of potty training she was already telling me that she had to poo poo. Hopefully she'll keep it up. What an accomplishment!

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.