Thursday, July 2, 2009

Potty Training Part 2

Yesterday afternoon Claire came to me without a diaper or pants on and said "I go poo poo." Of course I panicked thinking she had pooped all over the floor but when I got in the bathroom I saw that she had taken off her pants and diaper and had peed in the potty all by herself. Wow! Then this morning she came to me again without pants or diaper on and said that she went potty or something to that effect. When I got to the bathroom I saw that there was a tiny bit of poo poo in the potty and laying next to the potty was a very poopy diaper. I guess she realized she had to poop a bit too late and made the attempt to sit on the potty and go. I was shocked that she had made that connection and decided that it must be time to try underwear again. I put her in underwear which was a very bold move b/c we were going to be out running errands most of the morning and I was fairly certain that she would not stay dry. She surprised me again! Before we left the house I had her go pee pee and then when we got to Target about an hour later I had her try again. She didn't need to go but before we left Target I took her to the bathroom and she did go. She stayed dry all morning! She is in a diaper for quiet time and I am certain it will be wet when she gets up b/c she wouldn't go potty before I put her down but I don't expect her to be dry while she sleeps. I just can't believe she was able to stay dry in underwear for 5 hours!

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.