Friday, July 24, 2009
Not Going to Happen
The plan was that while on vacation we were going to have Claire and Sam sleep together in a bed so that Claire could get used to transitioning to a big bed. The week we get back from vacation her new "big girl" furniture will be delivered and she will be sleeping in a queen sized bed. We thought that vacation was the perfect opportunity for her to start sleeping in a bed but apparently we thought wrong. The first night at my parent's I told her that she and Sam were going to sleep in the big bed together and she was so excited. She kept saying "this is my bed" so I thought that things may actually go smoothly. Of course, I don't know why I would think that b/c anything involving sleeping and Claire never goes as smoothly as I think it will. After I read the kids a couple of stories and said prayers I tucked them in and left the room, hoping for the best. Instead, within about 2 minutes Sam was saying "Mom, Claire is trying to get up!" I went back in the room and Claire said "I don't want this bed" so my mom and I asked her if she wanted the pack and play and she said she did. We set her up in a different room (the same room she normally sleeps in at my parent's) in the pack and play although it took me about 10 minutes to actually get it put together. When I finally got it put up and put her in it she said "no, not that crib!" Then she said something about "the other crib" which I took to mean her crib at home but there's nothing I could do about that. So, she ended up crying for 20 minutes or so and finally fell asleep. Ever since that night she has been just fine going into the pack and play for bedtime and quiet time. She seems so big for it but it must be comforting to her. Apparently we will not be moving her crib out of her room for quite awhile but as long as she goes to sleep I'm not going to complain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment