Sunday, August 30, 2009

Consignment Sale

Yesterday I worked at a kid's consignment sale selling Tupperware. My director, Carson, got us a booth and some of the other consultants and I took turns working at it trying to sell our extra Tupperware. It appeared to be a great opportunity since kid's consignment sales tend to do very well in this area. However, this was the first year for this sale and I think people just didn't know about it. There was very little foot traffic and in the end I only sold one piece of Tupperware, for $10, and probably got 5 or 6 new contacts.

I was at the sale from 12-5 and actually ended up doing a lot of shopping for all 3 kids, although the baby probably benefitted the most. They had the cutest little newborn outfits that I couldn't resist. Of course once I brought them home Sam insisted that he could wear them and kept trying to put on these tiny little pants. I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come.

My booth was right across from 2 women who were selling hand decorated onesies, bows, blankets, burp clothes etc. We got to talking and I found out that they are labor and delivery nurses at Centennial Hospital which is very close to us. I am delivering at McKinney Hospital so they won't be my nurses but it was very interesting to talk to them about pregnancy and labor.

By 4:30 all the vendors were tearing down their stations so I joined in and was down by about 10 to 5. I thought I would get home earlier than expected but of course traffic didn't cooperate and by the time I got to Wal-Mart to grab a couple of groceries and some McDonald's for dinner I actually ended up picking the kids up a little late. They had a great day with Grandma and Grandpa but were excited to see me and go home for a yummy McDonald's dinner. It was kind of nice to have several hours where I didn't have to worry about the kids, especially in the middle of the day. That rarely happens.

I can't say yet if this sale was worth my time yet because you never know when a new contact could turn into a great client. Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.