Tuesday, August 11, 2009
I have friends...really I do!
After the dentist today I took the kids to McDonald's for lunch. This particular McDonald's is one we often go to with our playgroup and whenever I go there without my friends there are always other playgroups there socializing. I don't have any problem taking my kids to McDonald's without my "girlfriends" and their kids but I always feel like the other mommies who are there with their friends look at me like I'm an outsider. One or two of them will talk to me at some point and they are always friendly but I sometimes wonder if they are taking pity on me, like maybe they are thinking "oh, that poor woman who's here without any friends. We should probably talk to her so she doesn't feel so lonely." The whole thing is a bit funny and to be honest I enjoy just sitting at the table and watching the kids play while also eavesdropping, just a bit!, on what the other mommies are saying. It's always funny to hear how similiar their conversations are to the ones I have with my friends. Sometimes I want to jump in with a comment but I always keep it to myself. Afterall, it's their socializing time not mine. So I just sit and happily enjoy my fries knowing that I do indeed have friends to talk with too but for now I'm happy to just have a little fun time with my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
1 comment:
I wanted to be the first one to comment on your blog! So glad I found it! I'm also very glad you were the first one to take me to mcdonalds so that I would have a friend! :)
Post a Comment