Saturday, August 8, 2009

Purge, Purge, Purge!

With the arrival of Claire's new furniture it meant moving her old furniture into the guest room (soon to be baby's room) and move the guest room furniture into the garage. We are quickly running out of space in all of our rooms and the attic. So, when a neighbor told me yesterday that she was having a garage sale on Friday and asked if I had things to sell I of course said "YES!" Now it is go time and I am going through all of Claire's clothes, Sam's bedding, closets etc trying to find everything we need to get rid of. Bill is going through the attic this morning and so far we have a lot to sell but hopefully by this time next week we will have a lot less clutter in our house. We knew we were going to have to reorganize and get rid of some things b/c of the baby but it's crazy how one small baby makes you completely reorganize every room in your house!

1 comment:

Kristyn Winter said...

I did that once we knew for sure we weren't having any more kids. I had 2 garage sales and I called them "Babypalooza" because it was tables and tables of clothes and little stuff and toys were lined up and down the driveway. It was crazy. Most of it sold (most for less than I would've liked) and the rest we donated. It felt great afterward to be rid of it all.

Claire looks so tiny in her bed!

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.