Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Vacation Hangover
Why is coming home from vacation so exhausting? I'm not even counting the flight home with 2 kids where we sat on the runway for 30 minutes at DFW waiting for a gate or that it took way longer than necessary to get our luggage. It's all of the things that you suddenly have to do the second you walk into the house. We arrived home around 10:15 on Sunday night and the second the kids were in bed I was a maniac cleaning up all of the dead bugs, mopping, dusting, cleaning cat hair off of furniture and going through mail. I left all of the unpacking to Bill and by midnight we were both exhausted. Plus, we were still on east coast time so it was really 1 AM. All day yesteray I was thoroughly wiped out but still needed to do laundry, unpack the kids suitcase and go grocery shopping. Last night Bill spent close to 3 hours getting the yard back to looking like a lawn in the suburbs rather than a small forest. There are still phone calls to return, bills to pay and vacuuming to do. I guess taking a break for 2 weeks doesn't go unpunished!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment