Friday, August 28, 2009

Old Enough to Shower, Already?

A week or so ago Sam asked me if he could take a shower. I don't remember what I said but it must have been something that didn't cause a complete tantrum. However, last night he decided he didn't want to take a bath eventhough he had had a haircut that morning and had soccer practice in the 90 degree heat. He definitely needed a bath but I didn't feel like causing a tantrum (we have so many these days as it is!) so I asked him if he would like to take a shower in my bathroom by himself. He was very excited. I sent him to get his pj's and while Bill gave Claire a bath upstairs I supervised Sam taking a shower downstairs. I had to help wash his hair and lather him up with soap but he really enjoyed getting to take a shower alone. I didn't realize we were already at this stage. Of course, he has already asked to take a shower tonight and since Bill is in CO and I'm on my own I will have to put Claire in my bathtub while Sam is in my shower. But, hopefully it will make both of them happy and the outcome is still the same...they will go to bed clean!

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.