Monday, August 10, 2009

When I Sell This House...Someday

As I wander about my day I often notice things about my house such as grim around the facets, chipped paint, marker on the window sills etc. that catch my eye. My first thought isn't "we really need to get that fixed" or "I really need to clean that up." Those are actually my second thoughts. My first thought is "wow, we will really have a lot of work to do when we someday decide to move out of this house." We have no intentions of moving even in the next couple of years but this thought always creeps back to me. Maybe it's because I've already sold two properties in my life and know all the work that goes into making your house look perfect. The longer you are in a home and the more children you add to your home the more work there is to do when the time comes to move. For now I wish I could just walk around my house and see minor little fixes here and there and then go about fixing them rather than seeing what might need to be done in 5 years. But I think it will be a contant reminder to myself that I need to just worry about the now and not the later. Let's hope that I can do that.

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.