Sunday, October 4, 2009

YUCK!

Last night Bill went to watch the A&M game at a bar with his friend Ian so I was home alone with the kids. After I got the kids to bed I was sitting on the couch watching tv when I saw my cat, Pippin, stalking a bug in the hallway near the laundry room. I could tell the bug was big and black and I was hoping it was a cricket and not a huge spider. Pippin trapped the bug under a rug so I went to see what it was and found that it was a huge cockroach! Before I could catch it the cockroach ran back into the laundry room behind the washer and dryer. I shut the door but knew that it could easily escape under the door. But since I couldn't get to it I didn't know what else to do. I went back to watching tv and a short time later Sam came downstairs and said he had to go potty. While he was going potty the cockroach must have escaped the laundry room b/c when I went back into the family room Pippin was batting at one of the pillows on the couch. I knew this was not a good sign and when I pulled the pillow away sure enough the cockroach was on the couch. It ran down the couch and hid under it. Of course I am screaming at this point and trying to think of how to get it. I got the vacuum but couldn't reach under the couch. Then Sam yelled "Mommy, there it is!" It ran over to the chair and I tried to vacuum it up but it was too big. I trapped it under the vaccum and yelled for Sam to get my shoe. He gave it to me and I grabbed some paper towels and picked up the roach and took it to the garage where I hit it with my shoe several times and then threw it away. So disgusting! I would have never been able to have caught it without Pippin and Sam's help. I may be making a call to my pest guy this week to see if there is anything he can do to help me. I never want to see another cockroach in my house again!

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.