Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's finally happened.

No, I'm not in labor. Claire finally lost her little bear finger puppet. It was bound to happen. We met Bill for lunch at Jason's Deli today in Frisco and she took bear with us, as usual. I don't remember seeing bear during lunch but I assume she carried him into Jason's Deli. After lunch the kids and I went to Target and as we were starting to walk towards Target she asked for bear. We went back to the car and bear wasn't there. Bill had told me that he had seen the bear finger puppets at Target so I thought maybe I could find a replacement. We didn't find one so I called Bill and had him call Jason's Deli. They didn't see bear and after a search of the care the kids and I went back to Jason's Deli and retraced our steps. We never found bear. Claire was asking for bear but wasn't upset, yet. By the time we got home it was way past quiet time and Claire started asking for bear and getting upset. I tried to tell her that bear is lost and that we will try to get a new one and eventually she calmed down and was okay. When I got her up from quiet time she asked where bear was and I had to explain again that he was lost. Bill is checking out some other Targets to see if they have them but I have searched their website and didn't see any. Hopefully we will figure something out and best case scenario she will decide that she doesn't need him but that may not happen. For now I am just hoping that we do not have huge meltdowns at bedtime tonight but there are no guarantees.

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.