Monday, October 12, 2009
Temper Tantrums
In the past couple of days Sam has been throwing massive tantrums and Bill and I are mentally, physically and emotionally wiped out. On Saturday morning we went for our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch only to have to leave early due to several meltdowns from Sam. By the time we got back to the car I was close to tears and Bill looked like he wanted to hit something or someone. Later that afternoon I had to hold Sam's door closed while he threw a huge fit inside. He made an enormous mess of his room which he had to pick up. Yesterday was a pretty good day with no big meltdowns to speak of. Then this morning we didn't have any plans and since the only errand I really needed to run was to the library which was closed due to Columbus Day I had to think of somewhere we could go. I needed to get a clothes hamper for Luke's room so decided to go to Babies R Us which is connected to Toys R Us. Sam had a tantrum before even leaving the house b/c he wanted to continue playing a game on the computer. I gave him lots of warning and let him finish his game but he still threw a fit. Then I reminded him several times that I would not be buying them toys in Toys R US and that we were just looking for ideas to tell Santa. He understood that and never asked for a toy but when the 5 minute countdown to leave arrived he threw an absolute fit. My body was hurting like crazy from being on my feet for so long so I really needed to go and sit for awhile. I thought I had given enough warning that we would be leaving but he still hit me, screamed, cried etc. as we tried to leave the store. He even threw things down at the check out area. I finally was done paying for the hamper and got him to pick up what he threw and made it to the car as calmly as possible. I had to take away all tv and computer privileges for the day and now that it's only 2:30 and quiet time is now over I have to figure out how to keep them occupied for the next 3 1/2 hours. Going somewhere isn't an option I really can't handle another public meltdown right now, and I am feeling physically and emotionally done for the day already. It's going to be a very trying and exhausting afternoon but hopefully not one that is filled with tantrums.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment