Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Whatever happened to "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service!"

This morning after taking the kids to preschool I went to my least favorite place...the McKinney Post Office. It is small and there is always a huge line no matter what time of day you go. It is a rare treat to get out of there in less than 15 minutes which is why I often go to the Parcel Plus store instead eventhough I have to pay a little more. It's worth it! However, the post office is right by the preschool and I didn't think it would be busy at 9:20 on a Tuesday morning. Of course, I was wrong. As I was standing in line I was looking at all of the people in front of me and noticed a woman wearing sweats but no shoes. This struck me as odd b/c who would go to a public place like the post office without shoes? She didn't look homeless although she also didn't look like she was well off either. It really made me wonder what her story was. Of course no one turned her away b/c she wasn't wearing shoes, I didn't expect them to, but it made me wonder if that old saying "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" still applied.

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.