Saturday, September 12, 2009

Family Night

Last night my playgroup went out to dinner with our families for our first ever "Family Night." This idea came about over a month ago and it took awhile to find a free weekend night that most of us could do. Originally we were going to go to a pizza restaurant but they wouldn't take reservations so we went to a Mexican restaurant called Mi Cocina instead. For those that are not familiar with Mi Cocina it is probably on the same level of restaurant as a Cheesecake Factory, still family friendly but nicer than a Chili's. Anyway, there were 7 families who came so there were about 28 of us. I really wasn't sure what to expect from my kids or any of the kids for that matter but was happily surprised at how well they all behaved. Our poor waiters had their work cut out for them though. Many of us didn't sit with our spouses which I'm sure caused confusion but Bill didn't complain about our check being wrong so I assume the waiters really earned their tip. Sam and two of his buddies, Taylor and Sawyer, had a great time playing catapult with spoons and sugar packets that ended up under the table but since they were being fairly quiet and not running around the restaurant we didn't bother to stop them. I could sense from some of the kidless customers an annoyance with our large group but I think that for having 15 kids at dinner we were pretty good and I don't even think we were the loudest group in the restaurant which says a lot. It was a super fun evening out and hopefully we will be able to do it on a regular basis.

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.