Monday, September 14, 2009

Bubble Boy

I am starting to wonder if putting Sam in a bubble for his own safety might be a good idea. Ever since he fell out of the kitchen chair and hit his head I think I've been a little more cautious about what he does but it seems like lately he is constantly falling or doing something to get hurt. A couple of weeks ago within days of each other he fell on the sidewalk skinning his knees and face, then fell outside of church skinning his knee, then he walked into the metal plate on the doorway in our bathroom and got a really yucky cut on his head. Of course, you always hear that boys constantly have cuts and scraps but all of his minor injuries have me worried that the next injury may not be so minor. Then, yesterday while eating lunch he somehow fell backwards in his chair. He landed on the tile still sitting on the chair. Part of the chair broke but miraculously Sam was okay other than being really scared. His tailbone was a little bruised and he had a slight bump on his head but it could have been so much worse. After yesterdays incident I am really tempted to put him in a bubble but of course I know that no child can live that way so for now I will just pray that his injuries will all be minor and that I have the strength to deal with them when they are not.

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.