Friday, September 11, 2009

There, I said it.

For those of you who know me well this will not come as a shock to you, for those that don't know me as well as you thought, this might come as a shock...I'm a democrat. So, what's the big deal, you might ask? It's not a big deal except that I am a democrat in a very conservative state and an even more conservative county and I often just have to nod my head or turn away when I hear the many conservative views of those around me. So here is my outlet. Here is my moment to get it off of my chest. I support and respect our president, I like his healthcare plan, I think it is fabulous that he wanted to speak to school aged kids about education, I support gay marriage, I am pro-choice, I have never been in support of the war in Iraq and I am anti-guns (except for hunting). I am also a christian and I am aware that many people think you cannot be both a christian and a democrat. Believe me, you can and I know many christian democrats. Do I expect most people to agree with my views...no. I know there are only a handful of people I can go to and fully express my political beliefs and for the most part I just keep my views to myself. However, in the wake of such a big political week I was nearly going crazy with all of the conservative comments I was seeing on facebook. So why am I writing this on my blog rather than responding to comments I don't agree with on facebook? Because I'm not a confrontational person and I tend to get way too angry when I see these comments and for the sake of friendships it's just better to ignore the comments and use my own blog to express myself. It is my blog afterall and I am allowed to say what I want, right? Many of you now know me better, some of you aren't reading anything shocking and some might be. I respect the opinions of those around me and hope that those around me can also respect mine.

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.