The week of June 16-20th was Vacation Bible School at our church. They accept 3 year olds as long as you volunteer to help which I had no problem doing. I was a crew leader for 7 second graders which meant that I took them to all of their activities for the day. Everyday they had music, science, storytelling, games and crafts but not always in that order. My group consisted of 5 boys and 2 girls. On the first day I had a handful of people look at my group and say "wow, you are going to have a lot of work with those boys!" or something to that effect. One of the boys mom's even told me that she told the director to split the boys up but apparently that didn't happen. These comments made me nervous and the first day was a little shaky but the director decided I should have an assistant so she had another adult volunteer join our group. By the end of the week I really enjoyed my group and it ended up being a good experience. The director is not overly convinced that I will come back next year but I had fun so won't have a problem volunteering again.
Sam had fun in his class and really enjoyed learning all of the songs. It was a rainforest theme this year so a lot of the songs were fast which he really liked. He did end up seeing me in the hall one day and that causes a huge meltdown but his teacher took him back into his classroom and he eventually calmed down and had a good rest of the day. This little incident made me very careful not to be in the same place as Sam so I would often hide if I knew his class was out of their room. Claire on the other hand had no problems being away from me. The nursery said that she was the only child that never fussed even when other kids took her toys. I told them that she's used to getting things taken from her!
Overall it was a fun experience and we look forward to doing it again next year.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment