On Wednesday June 25th the kids and I went berry picking with my friend Kim and her girls Kate and Karli. We all piled into my van and drove the hour or so to Sadler, TX (north of McKinney) to pick blueberries and blackberries. We arrived a little after 10 so it was already fairly hot. After putting sunscreen on the kids and taking a quick trip to the potty we were off to pick some blueberries. At first the kids had lots of fun. Sam and Claire were eating the blueberries out of the bucket as fast as I could put them in so I finally had to give all of the kids chocolate chip cookies so that I could get some berries in the bucket. After eating cookies Claire decided that she was still hungry and she ate lots of berries (mostly unripe ones) off of the vine. Sam took a break and sat in the stroller for awhile and after an hour or so of picking blueberries we decided to go hang out in the shade for awhile and cool off. After our short break we headed to the blackberry patches only to find that there were very few ripe berries. Apparently there were some patches at the very back on the berry patch that had some good berries on them but since it was already noon and over 90 degrees we decided to skip blackberries and just spend 15 more minutes picking blueberries. I think Kim and I each ended up with about 2 1/2 lbs of berries.
The 3 girls fell asleep in the car after we left the berry patch but we had to wake them up when we got to McDonalds. We finally arrived back at our house shortly before 3 so it was a long day but a fun experience. Next year we'll try to get there a little earlier in the day and maybe earlier in the month so that it's not so hot.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment