Thursday, June 26, 2008
First Swim Lesson
On Tuesday June 9th Sam started swim lessons at the Emler Swim School. It is in Plano so takes about 30 minutes to get there. We ended up being a couple of minutes late b/c I couldn't find it and then as we were walking to the building Sam fell and scraped his knee. Not a great way to start. Since we were late I had to rush him into the pool area and over to the edge of the pool with the other 3 kids in his class. Claire and I sat in the lobby area and watched through the glass. He seemed to do pretty well and I never noticed him getting upset. When the class was over his teacher called all of the parents to the pool and told them how each child did. She said that Sam was comfortable in the water but didn't want to kick his legs. Since then we have gone to our neighborhood pool a couple of times and I have him work on kicking. At the end of the first class he went down the big slide which was way more than I expected him to do. He thought it was really fun and wanted to do it again but it was time for the next class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment