and if we had a working fireplace I'm sure the fire would be so delightful but that is not the case. This weather has really made me want to spend the money to get our fireplace up and running.
It's only 25 degrees right now and our street is a sheet of ice. I had so many things to do today...get stamps for my Christmas cards, buy a couple of gifts that need to be sent out, buy ingredients for the cookies I'm making for a cookie exchange tomorrow night etc. etc. but instead I am stuck inside. Bill is working from home today and if some of the ice melts I will run out by myself to at least get stamps and my ingredients for cookies. However, we just had a couple of Christmas packages arrive at our door and the post office helper who delivered them said it wasn't too bad on the main streets but that our subdivision was really bad. Just great! It's supposed to get into the low 30's so maybe then some of this awful ice will melt. But as of now the thermometer doesn't seem to have gone up much at all since this morning so I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much.
By tomorrow it will be in 50's so we should be done with all of this ice nonsense by then and can get back to normal.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment