Believe it or not it's actually 24 degrees in McKinney right now. It was in the upper 20's all day which made it a big pain to go anywhere with the kids. Of course it was one of those days where we had lots to do so we bundled up and braved the cold. This morning we had to take Pippin to the vet b/c he's been acting strange ever since he was in a cat fight last week. Turns out that he has a laceration the size of my fist that could have burst at any time. It wouldn't have done serious damage to him but would have been painful and incredibly messy. He's had small lacerations before and they were bad enough but this one was definitely one that required medical attention. They kept him at the vet all day so that they could sedate him and get him fixed up (I won't go into details about what they did, it's rather gross!).
After the vet we went to Wal-Mart which was a site to see...me running as fast as I could while pushing the shopping cart with both kids in it. Yes, I know that I lived in Iowa for 10 years and Colorado for 8 years but cold is cold. And with the humidity here I think 30 degrees feels colder here than it did in Colorado.
After Wal-Mart we made a quick stop home to drop off the groceries and then we went onto playgroup. When we left playgroup we saw that it had rained a little bit and there was ice on the car. Of course, I no longer keep a scraper in my car so just had to let it defrost for a couple of minutes.
Tonight I went to yoga at the gym at 8:00 and right before I left it started sleeting. It only lasted a minute or two so I still decided to go. During yoga I could hear my cell phone ringing (a big no no during yoga and I definitely wasn't going to fess up to it being mine!). As soon as class was done my phone rang again and it was Bill telling me that there had been a big sleet storm and our neighborhood was pretty icy. Wonderful! When I got out to my car it was again covered in ice. I really need a scraper! Santa, if you can hear me, please put one in my stocking. Thanks!
Anyway, I let my car defrost for a couple of minutes and then drove 15 miles an hour home. On my way home it started sleeting yet again and my neighborhood was definitely the worst roads I had been on but I did make it safely and do not want to think about the next time I have to leave the house. I can handle snow and eventhough I don't like to drive in it I can do it but ice is just a completely different thing. I don't think I will ever find anyone who likes driving in ice.
As it looks right now Bill will likely be working from home tomorrow and Sam may not even have school. That means that the million errands that I need to run will be put on hold. Or maybe things will clear up over night and life will go on as planned. This is my hope. Stay tuned.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment