Last night, March 3rd, it started to snow around 7 pm. We weren't sure how much we were going to get but the news said possibly 3 inches. The snowflakes were big and fluffy just like the flakes that we would see in Colorado. Our dog, Jo, was so excited to see snow again. She loved to roll around in it when we lived in CO and had lots of fun this morning laying in it and eating it.
We ended up getting about 2 inches and our grass was completely covered. It was so nice to see snow again. Eventhough I hate driving in it I love to look at it and now that it's March I had written off any chance of seeing it this season. Since we don't see snow regularly around here school was delayed a couple of hours which meant Sam didn't have preschool. The roads were pretty icy this morning so Bill waited until 10:00 to go to work.
When Sam got up I read him the book Snow to get him in the mood and then took him downstairs to show him what had happened while he was sleeping. He was very excited and couldn't wait to get outside. We told him that after breakfast we would go outside. So, around 8:30 we finally got all dressed in our warm clothes and went outside to join all of our neighbors who were outside playing. Sam was a little apprehensive and didn't want to touch the snow but thought it was funny when I threw snowballs at him and when I made a snow angel. He played with his neighbor friend next door for a little while and then it was time to go inside and have hot chocolate for the first time. He didn't understand that it takes a couple of minutes to make hot chocolate and was getting upset that I didn't have it ready for him immediately but I think he would agree that it was worth the wait. He loved the marshmallows and I'm just waiting for him to ask for hot chocolate on a regular basis.
Now it is 3:30 and the snow is mostly melted so I guess we have to say goodbye and hope for more next year.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment