Well who would believe that we had snow twice in one week in TX! Thursday, March 6th, just two days after a beautiful snow covered our lawn we received rain that turned to sleet that turned to snow. The flakes were quarter sized at times (I am not exaggerating) and were beautiful but it was a bit inconvenient. Bill was scheduled to fly to CO for the weekend that day and had taken the day off of work. He wasn't going to leave for the airport until mid-afternoon but by 12:30 the sleet was really coming down and he left knowing that the drive would take a long time. He made it to the airport safely only to board his plane and sit on the runway for 4 hours!!! waiting to de-ice. He finally made it to Denver around 10:00 pm and was able to meet up with some friends for a very late dinner and a few drinks.
The snow stopped by about 5:00 and the kids and I decided not to go out and play in it. We had gotten our snow fix earlier in the week. By Friday mid-morning the snow was rapidly melting and by late afternoon you would have never known it had been there. I think I can safely say that that is the last we will see of snow until next winter although I've been wrong before!
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment