Yesterday, March 15th, I planted my garden with the help of Sam of course. I bought plants and seeds on Friday night and even started to dig a little. Sam's first comment when he saw me with the shovel in the garden was that it was Pappy's shovel. I guess this tells you how much work my dad has done in my garden! Apparently Sam isn't used to seeing mommy with a shovel and only Pappy is supposed to work in the garden. I told him that mommy works in the garden too. It helps that I'm not pregnant this year like I was last year when my garden needed to be planted.
Sam helped to shovel with his little shovel and I will say that the grass is looking a little dirtier than it did before he started. But he had fun and that's what counts. We planted peas, spinach, broccoli, peppers and strawberries. Sam helped put the peas in the dirt although I had to spread them out a little since he would throw handfuls in at once. He watched me water and fertilize the garden once everything was planted and I'm sure will be a big help picking the vegetables when they are ripe just like he did last summer.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment