I feel like our Halloween weekend was crazy. Friday the kids and I went to a party for our playgroup. All of the kids dressed up and had a great time. We had pizza, fruit and cupcakes and it was a great way to start out the Halloween weekend.
Friday night we went to a party at our neighbor Allyson's house. The kids put on the their costumes (Sam as the Cowardly Lion and Claire as a ballerina) for the 2nd time that day. We played games, ate lots of cake balls (okay, I ate lots of cake balls!), hit a pinata and socialized with neighbors. We didn't get home until almost 9:00 and had 2 very tired kids on our hands. Claire somehow stayed awake until 10:30 eventhough she was exhausted and that made for a difficult Saturday morning with her.
Saturday morning Sam had his last soccer game. It was chilly, about 50 degrees, and Claire refused to wear a coat. I spent most of the soccer game trying to get her to put her coat on with no luck. The poor girl was freezing but held her ground. Sam kicked the ball a couple of times during the game but for the most part left the kicking and scoring up to the other kids on his team.
After the soccer game we had a pumpkin carving party to attend at our neighbor Cory and Laura's. We had dropped off our pumpkins at their house on the way to the soccer game so that Cory could gut them with his high powered drill. Cory carves between 25-30 pumpkins every year and has the most high tech equipment for pumpkins. He had tons of designs to choose from along with tracing paper. Bill and I carved the pumpkins while the kids ate lunch and played. Bill did a Batman design on Sam's pumpkin and together we did Snow White on Claire's pumpkin. It was a gorgeous day and so much fun to hang out with our friends and neighbors on a Saturday afternoon.
Saturday night we had a quick McDonald's dinner and then it was back in the costumes for the kids. Sam wanted me to paint his face like the kid in the picture that came with the Cowardly Lion costume so Bill had run out to get face paint that afternoon. I am not very good at face painting but Sam was happy with my work and that's all that mattered. After the kids were ready to go we headed to our neighbors, Keri and Brian's, for our last party of the weekend. They had lots of food and the kids were all running around outside. Once it got dark it was off to trick or treat. It was perfect weather, in the mid to low 60's. We finally got Claire to wear a coat over her ballerina costume and she had the best time collecting candy. Sam is faster than Claire at getting to the doors so I had to tell him to wait. By the time we got back home Claire was wiped out and Sam was eager to give candy to the older kids. They both slept well that night and so did Bill and I. It's funny how all that activity can exhaust two adults too.
It was a fun weekend but I am thankful that Halloween is behind us. I am a bit Halloweened out for the year but will look forward to it again next year.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment