Sunday, February 1, 2009
Understanding Islam
We are studying world religions in our Sunday School Class and this week we talked about Islam. Someone in our class had taken Islam 101 and had a Muslim minister come speak to us. There are normally about 6 or 7 of us in class but an annoucement had gone out to the whole church about this speaker and about 50 people showed up. I was shocked when I walked into our class to see that many people but am happy that so many people took an interest in what our little class is studying. The hour went by quickly and what I learned was very interesting especially how similar Christianity and Islam are. You could tell that some people were bound and determined to stick to their old stereotypes about Muslims but I think it enlightened a lot of people. I for one now have a new appreciation for this religion and hope to learn more about it through some of the materials that I picked up after the class. Next week we may continue with Islam but in the coming weeks we hope to learn more about Judaism and Scientology. We have currently studied Hinduism and Buddism. Very interesting topics that we are discussing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.
Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment