Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Adventures of Sam

In the past couple of weeks Sam has stopped napping, at least most days. We still have days where he is just too tired to make it all day without a nap but that is maybe once or twice a week now. Instead, we have quiet time for about an hour in his room each day. This works fairly well although he seems to get bored at some point and has started taking off his diaper. We have told him that this is a "no-no" but he still tried to do it. If the diapers were just wet it wasn't too big a deal but when he poops it is a HUGE mess.

Last week, March 26th, I went upstairs in the morning to get him up and found that not only had he taken off his poopy diaper but he had fingerpainted with his poop on the wall! There was poop all over the floor as well. What a mess! Needless to say I was not very happy and after I got him cleaned up I went and got a bucket and sponges and he had to help scrub the wall and carpet of all the poop. We talked about how wrong that was to do and I thought the message got through.

Well, yesterday during quiet time he took off his poopy diaper and peed on the floor. He had poop all over him and on the carpet as well. He had to have a bath and once again we had to scrub the carpet. This time he got a spanking and of course he really didn't like that so hopefully that will be the last time he takes off his diaper. Now I am checking on him frequently during quiet time in his room to make sure that his diaper stays on!

No comments:

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire asleep in her new bed.

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire's Big Girl Bed
Claire in her bed after we got it all set up.